What better kids’ ministry activities for the second Sunday in May than easy Mother’s Day crafts? Use these ideas when you are planning your Sunday School time on Mother’s Day.
Your kids will love making crafts for mom, and she’ll love receiving them! Incorporate one of these 25 encouraging Bible verses into any of the crafts below. They add that extra something special to a handmade craft!
Homemade Flower Bouquets
No need to give mom extra work caring for real flowers when she can have personalized bouquets that will last year-round.
- Try this handprint art flower bouquet that makes the most adorable (and sure-to-be treasured) kid-made gift ever.
- This delicious dark chocolate bouquet might not last long, but it sure will taste good!
- These easy cupcake liner flowers will make for cute decorations around the house.
- Scripture flowers are a fun way to help mom feel special while helping kids learn new Bible verses!
- Vibrantly colored coffee filter flowers are a fun and colorful way to brighten up the room.
- What’s better than a craft that kids will love to make and mom will love to have? Try these bubble paint flowers!
- Transform these Scripture sunflowers into a craft for mom that will have her feeling deeply loved.
Nothing will make mom smile more than a heartfelt card made just for her! Add a Bible verse to any of these cards for a special touch. Here are some easy ideas for kids to make in class:
- This article has a bunch of printable cards with Scripture verses on them that are perfect for Mother’s Day. Kids can color and personalize them however they want!
- Interactive flower pot cards are fun to make and cute to look at!
- This article has a step-by-step guide showing how to make an easy and beautiful card for mom.
- This printable card template will help each kid show just how much he loves his mom on her special day.
- “You are one in a minion, mom!” This Despicable Me themed card will make mom smile.
- “I Love You This Much” cards are a sweet way for kids to show moms how much they love them! You can easily adapt this as a Mother’s Day craft with spring colors.
Jewelry for Mom
Another easy, fun way for kids to show mom they love her is by making jewelry!
- This necklace can be made so many different ways that each kid will be able to make a unique piece of jewelry mom will love!
- Wooden bead bracelets are an easy jewelry-making craft that will take minimal guidance and turn into a great gift.
- Kids can choose if they want to make a keychain or a bracelet with this simple craft. Have kids pick their favorite Bible verse that honors their mom to put on the keychain or bracelet!
- These magazine recycled bead bracelets are colorful, easy, and fun!
- Mother and child heart necklaces will be a special, memorable piece of jewelry for mom and child to wear for years to come.
- A clay handprint jewelry dish is something mom can keep forever. And the best part is that there is no baking required for this craft!
Finger Painting Crafts
Who doesn’t love those tiny handprints? Moms will treasure these personalized crafts.
- These handprint flowers are adorable and easy to make if you are willing to get your hands a little messy!
- This simple fingerprint craft made with nontoxic paint will be something mom will treasure for years to come. The accompanying poem hits the perfect note!
- This bouquet of fingerprint flowers will be a great keepsake for mom.
- Grandmothers and mothers alike will love this handprint canvas made just for them!
- There is nothing like a handprint, poem, and photo all-in-one craft to make mom feel loved on her special day!
- This article has many downloadable poems that show mom how special she is. Print and personalize these poems by adding hand and fingerprints of each kid!
Other Easy Mother’s Day Crafts
There are so many fun crafts to make that mom will love! Here are a few more ideas that make great gifts.
- This tag includes Scripture and a play on words that can be used on many different crafts or simply be transformed into a card.
- This article has 20+ ideas for adorable painted rocks that can add a fun pop of color to mom’s garden!
- A homemade button bookmark makes a sweet gift for mom. (She can keep it in her Bible!)
- Keychains are a great way for moms to keep their child’s craft close by, and these handprint keychains are easy to make.
- These simple Mod Podge candle holders make a great kid-made gift!
- A napkin holder made for mom is not only fun to look at, it’s also functional!
No matter which of these easy Mother’s Day crafts you choose, mom will love them!
P.S. Don’t miss our collection of Father’s Day craft ideas.