Hear from ministry leaders from different churches and backgrounds in this recorded conversation! Join host Byron Ragains as he interviews 4 ministry leaders about how they are facilitating ministry now. This is a conversation you won’t want to miss.
Hear from These Diverse Leaders
These leaders come from distinct backgrounds and roles. So no matter how big or small your church is—there’s something here for you.
- Alex Douglas is the Lead Pastor of Heritage Green Family Church in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Alex leads his church to facilitate all ministries through the lens of family ministry. Because of this work, Heritage Green is known as a great church for families. Alex is an author, visionary, and a great communicator.
- Cynthia Collins is the Children’s Ministry Director for Winfree Church in Midlothian, Virginia. Cynthia is a ministry veteran! She remains passionate about creatively ministering to children and families. With an awesome volunteer team, Winfree Church continues to be the church that loves families.
- Karyn Baines serves as Christian Education Director at Largo Community Church in Mitchellville, Maryland. Karyn is a new leader in children’s ministry! As a former public school teacher, she brings a strong background in education. She loves partnering with parents in a child’s spiritual formation. Karyn is a creative thinker, passionate leader, and loves networking with ministry colleagues.
- Nancy de Jong serves as Pastor to Children and Families at Pine Lake Covenant Church in Sammamish, Washington. She is passionate about growing children and families closer to Jesus and each other. She loves to encourage other ministry leaders through coaching, writing, and networking. Nancy has a passion for making sure children are able to participate in worship—not just observe adult-centric services.
Discover these Topics
In the video below, you’ll hear from these leaders on the following topics! We’ve included time stamps in case you’d like to skip around. We pray you are blessed by all the great things these leaders have to say.
- Introductions (00:00:00)
- Evaluating Success (00:15:09)
- Caregiving (00:16:45)
- When COVID First Happened (00:19:25)
- Falling Short (00:21:40)
- Chosen for this Moment (00:22:28)
- Focus Pre-COVID and What Changed (00:25:55)
- Lamenting (00:31:31)
- Finding Joy (00:32:53)
- Selfcare (00:36:05)
- Spiritual Formation (00:55:22)
- Connecting with Families and Supporting Parents (00:58:45)
- Remember God’s Plans (01:21:45)
- Simple Things Any Leader Can Do (01:28:45)